Last week Governor Pritzker announced that golf will be permitted beginning May 1st under strict safety guidelines provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and when ensuring that social distancing is followed. The guidelines can be found at https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Golf%20With%20Restrictions.pdf
MGC is prepared to open the golf course to Members Only under the following state issued guidelines beginning May 1st;
• The clubhouse and pro shop will remain closed. No alcohol is permitted on the club grounds.
• Tee times must be made by phone. Singles or two-somes only. No walk-ons. Tee times will be scheduled 15 minutes apart. Do not come to the course more than 15 minutes before your scheduled tee times to reduce opportunities for congregation.
• Golfers must walk and carry own clubs. (Privately owned pull carts are allowed.) No golf carts, privately or club owned, are allowed (except individuals with a physical disability or physical limitations, that prevent them from walking the course, may rent a cart from the golf club, one person per cart unless family members living together. See further instructions below*)
• Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play
• In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play
• Bring your own supply of balls, tees, ball markers, and any other equipment needed to play golf. Bring your own water/sports drink, towel, and snack.
• Bring hand sanitizer with you and use during your round and at the end. Also bring disinfectant wipes to sanitize the on-course porta-potties before use.
• Maintain social distancing on tees, greens and throughout the round
• When your round is completed please leave the course immediately to reduce opportunities for congregation
• Rounds played will be used in the handicap system so please record the date and score so you may post in the book later
Importantly, infractions of the restrictions may lead to players being asked to leave the course, fines, loss of liquor license and the course being required to close again.
*A physical disability or limitation pursuant to these restrictions is defined as a condition, certified by a medical provider that prevents you from walking the course. When using a golf cart you must give a copy of the certification to the club and carry one on your person. Please let us know, when making a tee time if you meet these restrictions and will require a club owned golf cart. MGC will sanitize the cart before use and we will also provide disinfectant and wipes so you are able to sanitize before use.
Other things you will notice have been done to comply with state restrictions;
• Putting green, chipping area and practice range are closed
• Flags, ball washers, trap rakes, water jugs and garbage cans have been removed
• The cups are upside down with only an inch or so of the bottom below the lip
We know this is less than an ideal situation for MGC, and every other golf course, but we ask that you abide by the restrictions to reduce the risk of passing the virus along. If courses can demonstrate golf can be played in a manner consistent with the actions needed to slow the spread of COVID-19 we would expect these restrictions to be eased by the state as we go along.
We are excited to have you all back and able to enjoy playing the game we love so much. As more news becomes available, we will update you on how it effects our operations.
Thank you all for your support and remember to be safe.
The MGC Board of Directors
GET OUTDOORS, PLAY GOLF, HAVE FUN AND STAY SAFE
Mendota Golf Course is an 18 hole semi-private golf course. Mendota Golf Club has been serving its members since 1928. After starting as a 9 hole course, MGC expanded to be an 18 hole course in 1994. Members and guests enjoy the golf and setting on the 140 acres of rolling hills. MGC features beautiful bluegrass fairways and bent grass greens. A large putting green and a chipping area are also located up by the clubhouse.
The golf course is a par 70 track that is famous for its difficult par 3’s. The course has three par 5’s and five par 3’s and can play anywhere from 4,863 yards to 6,186 yards.
The Mendota Golf Club clubhouse features a bar and dining room. Both have a relaxed atmosphere where you will be sure to have a great time! The dining room is a great place to hold a dinner or special event.
MGC puts on and promotes a number of different golf outings and competitions for members and their guests throughout the year. Also, several play days are run throughout the year.
The Pro Shop stocks quality brands of golf equipment and members are able to custom order whatever they would like at a great price!
Mendota Golf Club is a big supporter of junior golf. We are home of the Mendota Trojans Golf Team. Junior Golf Memberships are very affordable. Mendota Trojans Head Golf Coach, Brian Blumhorst, holds a weeklong junior golf camp every summer out at the course and Craig McConville also does individual lessons.